Networking Events are a great way to connect with Entrepreneurs in your area and to grow your business. However, they are limited in terms of who you can reach as you can only make meaningful connections with those that you meet at the event.
The good news is that the internet has made networking so much easier. You are now able to reach anyone, anywhere.
Social Media has given us the opportunity to reach out to others beyond networking events.
After I attend a networking event, I look the people I met up on Social Media and follow them there in order for me to be kept up to date with their products and services. Social Media has provided an opportunity for me to continue my networking beyond a once off meeting.
Another reason I like networking online is that it provides me with an opportunity to add value to others by commenting and sharing their content.
Without Social Media I would not have had the opportunity to connect with Entrepreneurs all over the world.
There are a few golden rules to follow when networking online:
- Ensure all your Social Media profiles are up to date and consistent with your brand.
- Ensure that your profile information is up to date: A current and professional profile photo is imperative. Fill in all the relevant information like your website and contact information.
- Each Social Media platform has its own rules of engagement. Ensure you abide by these.
- Don’t just share sales information. Post meaningful articles and engage with your followers.
- Don’t just follow people just so that they can follow you back. It is Social Media after all. Make meaningful connections online.
I trust these tips have helped you.
Follow me on these social media platforms and let’s connect online:
Google Plus: Gwen Serrotti
I look forward to connecting with you.